10 years ago when I met my husband, he used to take me to the Capital Grille in Troy, MI all the time for dinner. It was actually where we had our second date AND our first kiss.(All together now, awweeeee.) Little did I know when he was wining and dining me that he didn’t have the money to take me there. He was still in college and working for his dad. Later on he told me that he opened up a 0% interest credit card just to take me there on our second date!! I was like “are you crazy??” It didn’t matter to me. I would’ve gone anywhere with him. He was clearly trying to impress me…and it worked. Haha! Amongst other things of course.
So anyways, it was at the Capital Grille that I had their famous “Stoli Doli” aka Pineapple Martini made from Stolichnaya Vodka and pineapple that’s been marinating for a couple weeks. The results: One incredible martini! It was amazing. And it totally knocked me on my ass! (More than once.) Strong is an understatement. But it doesn’t taste strong because the pineapple masks the vodka taste. So you drink, drink, drink away until…you’ve suddenly fallen off the chair! I’ve seen the repercussions from this drink from many people. Hilariously bad.
One of my hubby’s good friends has been a bartender there for years! He came for a visit here in Nashville a couple years ago, so naturally I had to ask him how to make this spectacular concoction. Say hi to Satish.
Now you don’t have to make a HUGE jug of it like we did. I was having a party in a couple weeks so I needed to make a lot. It’s perfect for large crowds and it looks pretty! You just have to make it ahead of time because it has to sit and ferment for a couple weeks.
All you do is grab your favorite container (a spout would be helpful!), some pineapple and Stoli Vodka.
NOTE: Maybe put out a warning sign for your guests. 1 or 2 Stoli Doli’s per guest max! Otherwise, these are the kind of things that could happen to you……..
You throw your inhibitions to the wind. Myself on stage at Tootsies with a sweaty guitar player wrapped around me. I made sure not to drop my flower or my Miller Lite though. Kudos to me! So anyways, you get the point. STRONG, STRONG. But deliciously worth it. You are drinking straight vodka so keep it in moderation.
Here’s how you make it:
- Chop up the pineapple! Doesn’t have to be like Satish did it. It just looks nice. Cut it into large flat pieces and layer it. ^^^ See above. You need several pineapple to do this. Depending on how much you want to make! We used about 6 pineapple and 3 half gallons of vodka.
- Pour in the vodka! Make sure you cover all of the pineapple.
- Close it up and let it sit for 12-14 days. This is the hardest part.
- When it’s done, pour it all into another container that you can keep in the refrigerator.
- Add some ice to a shaker and pour desired amount of vodka in. Shake it good! Pour into a frosted martini glass and garnish with pineapple.
Mmmmm. Enjoy that frothy, pineapple goodness! It will be good in your refrigerator for a couple weeks.
Needless to say this martini and the Capital Grille both have a special place in my heart! Lot’s of good memories there with great people.